What is it?
Lightscreen is a simple tool to automate the tedious process of saving and
cataloging screenshots, it operates as a hidden background process that is invoked with one (or
multiple) hotkeys and then saves a screenshot file to disk according to the user's preferences.
What are its main features?
- System tray icon for easy access.
- Six configurable actions with global hotkey access.
- Screenshot uploading imgur.com and others.
- Preview window with an integrated image viewer.
What's new in the latest version?
- Improved area mode, added zoom toggling and precise sizing options.
- Usability improvements to the date naming.
- Fixes to cursor capture, some crash and SSL fixes, other misc improvements.
Choose! Use only the hotkeys, get previews of your screenshots, upload all of them
automatically and more.
Snap what you need
You can resize and readjust the area of the screen you wish to capture for maximum
Quickly share what's on your screen by uploading imgur.com and a
variety of other image hosts!
Using an automatic naming system, number your screenshots sequentially or use the
date and time.